Ahhhh would you look at that classic, creamy, italian-inspired alfredo cascading from the spoon. It’s chock full of rich, “cheesy”, vegan deliciousness! Thanks to a collaboration with the food artist, I present you with this whole30 compliant alfredo sauce!
I’ve started putting it on errrrrrthang! Eggs, gluten-free pasta, chicken, pork, really anything goes great with this alfredo. You can feel great about eating it too so go ahead and indulge. It’s a truly brilliant condiment for sure:)
Give it a try and let us know what you think!
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight or "power soaked" in boiled water for at least 3 hours
- 1 cup cashew milk or unsweetened almond milk
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- ¼ cup finely diced yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Add soaked cashews, nut milk, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, onion, nutritional yeast, salt and oregano to a high powered blender on full speed for about 3 minutes until completely smooth and steaming. (If your blender is not a high speed blender, most are, blend the ingredients until smooth and simmer over medium low heat for about 10 minutes)
- Serve sauce warm with my favorite gluten-free pasta topped with chicken and parsley.