I’m actually not much of a gin drinker myself. More of a brown liquor kind of person myself. But I must say that this cocktail is a breath of fresh air on the cocktail scene. The fizz of soda water puts an effervescent spin on the classic bees knees gin cocktail. Lightly sweetened with honey and the added herbal flavor of thyme, this drink is a fresh delight!
@gretchenbstyling and I had some fun collaborating on this pretty beverage!
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup water
- 1 bunch thyme
- ¾ ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¾ ounce honey-thyme simple syrup
- 1½ oz gin (Tanqueray gin suggested)
- soda water
- Heat honey and water until simmering. Remove from heat stir in thyme sprigs. Let steep and cool overnight.
- Strain thyme from honey syrup and store in airtight glass container in the refrigerator.
- Add all cocktail ingredients EXCEPT soda water into a shaker.
- Cap shaker and shake, shake, shake!
- Fill glass with ice.
- Pour mixture over ice and top with a splash of soda water.
- Garnish with a lemon slice and thyme sprig.