Since I started making these citrus yogurt bowls, my 3-year-old eats a giant bowl every morning with an entire grapefruit and blood orange. I had to explain to her that we don’t have eat-honeycomb-everyday kind of money! Hahahaha! It’s amazing though. I can’t imagine having that kind of access to super fresh citrus every day as an east coast kiddo! Living in Los Angeles has spoiled us rotten with fresh fruits, not to mention all of our young fruit trees that will be popping out fresh fruit for years to come!
Of course this is more of an idea of flavors than a true recipe so customize as you wish. I add chia seeds often for an extra boost of healthy fats, freshly grated ginger gives a lovely zing and, if you’re feeling super fancy, split a vanilla bean and stirred the scraped seeds into the yogurt. Freaking delicious!
- full-fat greek yogurt or full-fat ricotta
- 1 pink grapefruit, supremed
- 1 blood orange, supremed
- 1 valencia orange, supremed
- hunk of honeycomb
- candied ginger
- roasted coconut chips, lightly toasted for a few minutes
- fresh mint leaves, to garnish
- Spoon as much yogurt or ricotta as your heart desires into each bowl.
- Divide citrus among bowls.
- Top each bowl with a hunk of honeycomb, a sprinkle each of ginger and coconut chips, and garnish with fresh mint leaves.
- Serve with fresh espresso for goodness sakes! (unless the bowl is destined for a 3-year-old, then consider a chamomile tea sedative;) hehe!