I never intended to blog this recipe. It’s just a quick, healthy muffin I make in my blender for myself and my kiddo for a tasty, healthy snack on the go. One day I posted a photo of it on social media and got so many requests for the recipe that I realized maybe it’s exactly the type of no-frills, not-so-beautiful recipe everyone should have tucked away for a delicious, healthy convenience food!
These green muffins are heavy on the good stuff: almond butter, oats, blueberries, and spinach. No flours so they’re gluten-free to boot! Great way to sneak veggies into picky kiddos too!
- 1 medium ripe banana
- 1 egg
- ½ cup creamy almond butter
- ¼ cup rolled (quick cook steel) oats
- Spoonful coconut butter (optional but yummy)
- ⅛ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Couple shakes pumpkin spice
- Handfuls spinach or kale
- ½+ cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a muffin tin.
- Blend all but blueberries in a high powered blender until smooth.
- Fold in blueberries and pour into greased muffin pan. Bake at 350 degrees 12-14 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.