There is nothing so delicious on a chicken sandwich than the sweet tang of pickled bell peppers. It takes a lame-o leftover turkey sammie and gives it a gourmet makeover in an instant. I’ve been playing around with this recipe for a bit and I think I’m ready to share it. SO delicious and makes a hearty amount to hold ya over for a while;)
Oh and it’s pretty. Like, really pretty.
- 3 red bell peppers
- 3 yellow bell pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon sea salt plus more to sprinkle on peppers
- ground pepper
- 1 Tablespoon dried oregano
- ¾ cup white balsamic vinegar
- ¾ cup cider vinegar
- ¾ cup water
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 6 peppercorns
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Divide garlic and peppercorns between 2 wide-mouthed pint jars.
- On a baking pan, rub peppers with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast 40 minutes, rotating halfway to evenly char. Let cool then slice and pack into jars.
- Combine vinegars, water, oregano and 1 Tablespoon salt in a saucepan and bring to bowl.
- Pour brine over peppers leaving room to tap the jars and release air bubbles. The top off with brine and cover tightly with lid.
- Let cool then refrigerate and ENJOY!!!
* these lovely and delicious Persian Pickles are not be missed either!