It’s pumpkin fever time!!! It’s that time of year when pumpkin flavored everything floods the shelves and coffee shops. I LOOOOVE it! I love the smell, the taste, the warmth, even the color of pumpkin. I love to roast them and make the whole house smell of autumn. Life is good with a pumpkin in the oven! This year we’re really into these homemade roasted pumpkin lattes. This cuppa is richly flavored with real roasted pumpkin, warm spices, and a touch of sweet maple syrup to turn any day around. I know what I’ll be sipping while doling out sugar bombs to already hyper children this Halloween!
What are some of your favorite pumpkin dishes?
Here are some pumpkin treats from previous years for your autumn indulgence:
- 3 heaping Tablespoons roasted sugar pumpkin flesh (or canned pumpkin)
- 1 teaspoon ground vanilla bean
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup milk
- 1-2 shots espresso
- In a saucepan, heat milk, pumpkin, spice and vanilla to a strong simmer. Whisk smooth while simmering.
- Pour pumpkin milk into a large mug and pour espresso over it.
- Take a big whiff of that goodness and ENJOY!!!