This one gets it’s name from it’s ability to seriously punch you in the face. With a double shot of espresso, whiskey, and pure cocoa this sweetly bitter treat is truly a “slugger”, not to mention the “pow!” it gets from a pinch of chili pepper. If you don’t have chili pepper you can substitute a small pinch of cayenne. I love this warming treat when the cooler fall nights roll in. It’s the perfect drink for a movie night, deliciously decadent with just enough punch to keep you awake for the next 2 hours! 😉
Don’t forget share your favorite hot drinks with us!
- 2 shots espresso or very strong coffee
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- ¼ cup whiskey or bourbon
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 drop almond extract
- ⅛ teaspoon ancho chili powder or 1 dried red chile (remove chile before serving)
- ⅓ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Heat espresso, milk, whiskey, chocolate, cinnamon, almond extract and chili powder over low heat whisking constantly until chocolate melts. Do not boil! Pour into mugs.
- Whip heavy cream and sugar until it forms soft peaks. Top each mug with whipped cream and serve.