raw zucchini ribbon “pasta” with tomatoes
Hey everyone! How’s the heat of summer treating ya? Yup it’s hot and the air is heavy so it’s time for some cool, light food to offset the steamy weather. This is a slight adaptation of a Whole Living recipe and is a great side dish for a fish or chicken meal and also makes a great lunch on it’s own. It only takes a few minutes to make and is super healthy so there’s no excuse not to eat well on the go. Not to mention it’s a great way to use up zucchini if your garden is overflowing like mine. Squashes are truly the biggest givers of the garden, and while you’ll never hear me complain, there comes a time when you need to get creative to use it all up. Pretty soon my neighbors will stop answering their doors when I knock because their counters are already chock full of all of my zucchini! Ha!
How do you use up your squashes? Please don’t forget to share your favorite recipes with us!
- 2 zucchinis sliced lengthwise into thin ribbons (I find a good peeler and some pressure works best!)
- 2 cloves garlic sliced paper thin
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped raw nuts like pecan (optional)
- rosemary infused olive oil for drizzling
- sea salt
- chopped fresh basil and/or parsley
- spritz of lemon or balsamic vinegar (optional)
- grated aged raw goat cheese like Mitica Naked Goat
~ Combine garlic, nuts, herbs, tomatoes, and oil in a bowl. Season with salt and let stand for 15-20 minutes. Add zucchini and toss. Spritz with fresh lemon juice or balsamic vinegar if desired. Top with goat cheese.
food photographer, food photography, los angeles, crystal cartier