Limeade with Lime Ice Cubes (and vodka, why not?!)
This week’s post will build your muscles (unless you have an automatic citrus juicer, then you’re sittin’ pretty). You’ll be squeezing the day away but, in return, you’ll get a tart little reward that, as I learned this past weekend, masks the taste of vodka completely and dangerously. Proceed with jubilant caution;)
*note* these little guys are also ideal for vodka tonics and the like
- 2 medium limes
- 1 qt. cold water
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice (about 4 limes)
~ slice the 2 limes and then quarter the slices so that you have beautiful thin little wedges
~ stir together lime juice and water and fill 3 ice cube trays
~ place 1 or 2 lime wedges in each compartment and freeze
* throw these tart little suckers in any drink you like to add a fresh and tangy twist. They also look beautiful in glasses when the light shines through!
Take a peek below!
LIMEADE (also good with a splash of vodka!):
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon grated lime rind (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh lime juice (about 13 limes)
- 7 cups ice water
- agave nectar, sweeten to taste
- (optional) splash of vodka
Simply mix it all together! If you prefer to use sugar you’ll have to heat the liquid so the sugar will dissolve sufficiently. Agave nectar easily blends into cold drinks which is great if you prefer to retain all the nutrients of the raw fruit.